Tuesday, 5 December 2017

Hello Everyone

Last week was the Scottish Book Week and I had a great time meeting everyone in school. Thank you for making me feel so very welcome.

It was the first time I have been to Hawick and I can't wait to come again. It was dark when I finally arrived so I couldn't see much of the town - I just had time to get to my hotel and have a little read before going to bed. The stairs up to my room were very impressive. I wish we had spiral stairs like these. It was like climbing up a tower in inside a castle.

The next morning I was up bright and early, driving through town and heading to school. 
During the rest of the day I had lots of fun sharing stories and talking about books, reading and writing. There was lots of enthusiasm and lots of great questions being asked.

I was really impressed with the Patron of Reading display in the school entrance... this was starting to fill up with things as the day went on.

I know that you all had a really busy week last week - visiting the local library and lots, lots more... I love to hear from you - so leave a message and let me know what you have been up to. 

I think that everyone will have been given their Reading Passports by now so please do let me know what great books you have been reading. You can leave a message on here or you can send me an email.

Keep in touch and lets share our love of reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment